Friday, March 6, 2009

Almost Perfect

Today was one of those days that you praise the Lord for everything He has made and granted you. The kids and I stayed home all day while my husband made a quick morning run to HD. For the first part of the day I put away clothes and washed more than I care to remember and still am not done. I was picking up our bedroom from our vacation. While I did this the kids went out back and played, the dogs were not far behind. At 12:30 I went down and made lunch and the kids requested that they eat outside. I made my man his lunch plate and then made my own and walked out to survey what he was doing. He is making our fire pit a permanent feature. I gave him encouragement and once the lunch plates were cleaned up and Tripp was cleaned, changed, and put to bed for a nap, I spent the rest of the day outside. I turned my garden over and started planting my small orchard. Avery and Keegan never went in except to use the bathroom. We were all outside together, doing our own thing, but doing it together.

I have been struggling with my homeschooling lately, the devil is getting in my mind and telling me I am doing an injustice to my daughter. Then the Lord gives me a day like today to assure me I am not. While digging a hole for the fruit tree and finding grubs and worms for the kids to look at, I sat back and smiled to myself. There was no where else I would have wanted to be today. It was almost perfect, I say that because I think perfect should be left to God. So I have no pictures with this post because I was too busy today just enjoying life and my family to stop to take a picture of it. Besides the pictures would have never done it justice.

3 comments:

Delena said...

Sounds like an awesome day! We just got another two inches of snow yesterday so I don't plan on seeing any gardening in my near future. Today is sunny and beautiful, though, and the kids are eating it up. Let me encourage you that if your little ones were anywhere else, they probably wouldn't be looking at grubs, learning first hand how to garden, and being trained by the one who knows and loves them the most. :) Keep it up!

Donna said...

Ah, Lisa D., I'm so happy for you that hubby's home and everyone is happy and healthy. You are such a strong young woman, don't let small moments of uncertainty make you believe your decisions aren't the right ones. I think you're doing an awesome job with the kids. I could never have been a home schooling mom, but my hat is off to you for wanting to do so, and for following through with it.

vintagechica said...

It WAS a wonderful day. All I wanted to do was just sit in the sunshine. Good for you for looking for the positive. You are a great mom and a wonderful teacher. Everyone needs to know about grubs!!!

Much love!