Friday, January 30, 2009

A Two Year Wait


I waited until I could wait no longer. We put our tile floors in two years ago this spring. I scrubbed my floors on my hands and knees yesterday because with 3 kids and dogs sometimes a mop just isn't enough. While down there I could not stand to look at my unfinished floors any longer. You see when we put in the floors we decided we wanted heftier baseboards not just the standard construction grade that was there. D and a friend did the floors and D said he would put back in the baseboards. As you can tell by my title in two years it still was not done. Don't get me wrong, I LOVE my husband, and he does so much around the house for me. Sometimes however he forgets the last 10%. So after a two year wait I took matters into my own hands. I put those blooming baseboards in myself. Now to do the rest of the down stairs....yeah we had hardwood put in too over a year ago every where else and those baseboards are unfinished too. I LOVE YOU D, know?!


And here is a quick picture of Bain on the left and Piper on the right, just because I think they are cute. They have become the best of friends. They are our his and hers dogs. His he uses for duck hunting, mine just cause she is feisty and cute and plays well with the kids. Bonus both are groomed dogs, which means minimal to no dog hair in the house!!! After having a husky this is a requirement of all animals that might reside in my home.

Have a great weekend!!!

2 comments:

Delena said...

Love the baseboard. It is surprisingly similar to mine. Sometimes you jus have to do those projects yourself.

Donna said...

You never cease to amaze me! I could never tackle the kind of projects you do ... you are indeed an inspiration! Hope your weekend is going well. We're gearing up for the SuperBowl ... go Steelers!