Thursday, October 16, 2008

Treasure


Treasures found......




We went on a family outing today. We had wanted to take the kids on a hike and pick up some nature to identify and collect for projects (this is one of the many aspects of homeschooling that I love). About ten minutes into the "hike" we were being eaten alive by mosquitoes. Plans changed, and we went to the other side of the park to the water. Not quite what we had envisioned but the kids had a blast. The weather was perfect and it was a wonderfully simple afternoon. It was a treasure to watch my kids have fun just being kids and enjoying time with their dad. It was a blessing to have such a warm and wonderful day in the middle of October. #2 dropped trou and went into the water. He was a big sugar cookie by the end of the evening. #3 sat so peacefully on my lap almost falling asleep. #1 and her dad were searching for sand fleas. It was one of those afternoons that I felt like I was watching my family through a movie. At one point driving home I looked back to see #2 and #3 sleeping in their seats while #1 was watching a movie and I looked at my man and said "wow we make some good looking babies, how did we get so lucky?" But you see I know the answer, because God is and awesome God and answered our prayers!!

No comments: