Wednesday, August 12, 2009

A Fresh Start


*even our attempt at the picture went wrong, my camera lens kept fogging up!!


After attempting to start school two weeks ago we stopped after only 2 days. Nothing like perseverance huh?! It was obvious I was just not there yet with my organization and we were still thick in dust from the dry walling of the wall. So I put my school plans on hold and focused on getting things back to "normal" around the house first. My dear husband got the family room side of the wall complete and I came in with the painting and rearranging and now that side of the house looks pretty normal(actually BETTER than normal, but that is going to be another post). I was then able to move onto the school room which use to be a sun room right off of the family room. The problem was that when the construction was happening in the family room all the furniture got pushed into the SR. Not very helpful at all when trying to teach two kids and keep a toddler busy. I have done the cleaning out and clearing out of said SR now and am ready to move ahead with our school year. We are going to restart down to taking first day pictures again. I am excited to start MFW and also implement a new resource I found through Skylark. I love reading her posts on homeschooling. She introduced me to Tanglewood Education. I instantly bought their pdf for the core book the timeline book and the nature notebook, all for $12. I recommend following my link and checking them out. It works with any curriculum and it was truly just what I was looking for.

**how do you like my new header, I feel so clever with it :)

5 comments:

Donna said...

Lisa, do you really mean "cleaver"... 'cause that's kind of scary!!!!!!!!

Seawashed said...

I like it! I can hear your excitement in beginning the new school year..it really is so fun at their age. I miss it soooooo much!!!!! Did you get the Pocketful of Pinecones by Karen Andreola? it really is a great book to suppliment your nature studies curriculum. I look forward to hearing all about your homeschooling days this year. It is a joy to know you!

Lisa said...

Aunt Donna, I didn't proof read before hitting publish...fixed the mistake.

Fairmaiden..Thank you for your kind words. I am on the hunt for the Pocketful of Pinecones....I am very excited to be doing the nature study this year maybe more than the kids.

Delena said...

I don't like your new header. I LOVE IT! How did you do it?

Lisa said...

Delena- you must sign on to Picnick..it is an awesome editing site that is totally user friendly. I have tried and tried to use photoshop and I just can't wrap my brain around all the layering and stuff. There are quite a few professional photographers that use it for their businesses too....