Thursday, May 17, 2012

In Season

My favorite 5 year old and I went picking for strawberries today.  We do it every year.  Can't resist the sugary goodness of freezer jam and strawberry shortcake.




 Signs of freedom flying over head.  Makes it hard to hear at times, but we never get tired of looking at them!
 He's not the tallest 5 year old, but in my humble opinion he sure is the cutest!


And every day we come home this little guy is waiting at the garage door.  I pick him up and move him back to the rain spout area.  I'm getting use to seeing him.

1 comment:

Seawashed said...

Fresh picked strawberries are the best. We actually grow them in our own garden. We haven't planted any for this year yet. Strawberry shortcake is my favorite, preferably homemade but for a quick treat I use the heart healthy bisquick. Have you tried it? yum