Thursday, December 4, 2008

My Name is Turkey!!


Lillian and "Baby Trupp" (the r is almost silent when she says it TOO cute)

So one of my favorite things about homeschooling is that we can fly by the seat of our pants. My kids were in need of some outside play time. They were also in need of some interaction with their friends. So I called up LeAnne and here crew, who called Angie and her crew, for a day at the local park. It was a bit colder than I realized once we got there (thanks for the socks Angie, you do love me). But we spent the better part of mid-morning and early afternoon enjoying girl talk and snacking while the kids played. It is such a blessing that all 8 of our kids get along so well. It was a much needed break and a great way to spend the day.

At one point Aubrey had gotten hurt by one of the girls swinging on the swing, a pure accident. The older 3 girls ushered him over to us and they were conveying what had happened when Keegan said Hey my name is Turkey! Nothing like feeling compassion for your friend....


My kids were wore out by the time we got home. I was busy hanging some photos in my room when Avery came in to tell me I wouldn't be happy and showed me a mini stamp pad Tripp had gotten a hold of. I said "Oh well, put it up so he can't reach it" I mean what can you do once the damage is done right?! Well a few minutes later in walks Tripp and this is what he looked like:


He must have been applying it like make up. Straight to his cheek then straight to his lips, you can see the perfect square of the pad, I don't think fuchsia is his color. When asked what happened he said "Shawn did it", this is his answer to anything he might have done wrong even if he is the only one standing in the room.

No comments: